- As we know the basics of any take off that they are performed into the wind. You need to have a windsock to know the direction of wind. Although all major air fields have but you can take a hint from your hanky. Intensity of the wind is to be judged as well, too much of a wind can make the moves erroneous. You need to position your rc jet into the wind and also mark any land mark not of much height because you are going to make a turn above it after climbing a height.
- Positioning your remote controlled airplane is very important. Make sure that it is placed in the middle of the runway because sometimes rc airplanes go cut sides and go off the runway. Your rc aircraft is facing the wind and positioned between the runway.
- Some of the air fields have marked pilot positions, these are the spots from where you fly your rc airplane if you are using an airfield, get there, choose a nearby your rc plane.
- Better take offs are always about swift speed catching. You need to give smooth but full throttle in a short time so that air cuts the controls surfaces faster and give you edge in lifting your rc jet in the air.
- You will be required to use a little rudder here and there to keep your remote controlled aircraft in the middle of the runway and in a straight line so it can catch up speed faster. Use a small up elevator if you are flying a tail dragger, this will keep your rc plane to nose down.
- After seeing your rc jet gaining full speed, you need to pull back smoothly and gently, if you make it climb too steep, your rc airplane can catch a stall which can happen due to low altitude. Keeping it in a gradual climb and straight for a little while will give it stability. You may want to apply correction to bank by tapping the rudder or aileron stick. You will have to plan your height from where you want to take a turn over the land mark chosen earlier.
- After reaching the land mark location for the turn, reduce the throttle to half and level off. Take the turn in the direction you want by banking your rc jet or aircraft while maintaining the altitude so you don’t find your remote controlled plane ditching on the ground.
That’s it; you have made a very smooth take off. You deserve a pat, enjoy flying.