Making a Good Approach:
If you can get your rc plane approach the runway straight with right altitude your landing will be darn easy, so the key element is approaching the runway at altitude which while descending your rc plane comes to zero while you still have good length of runway in your hand. The following steps will make it more digestible:
1. You need to see the runway where your rc airplane will land, get to the center line facing wind.
2. You need to mark a reference for your rc airplane to start descending altitude. It may be a bush, tree etc
3. Make sure that the reference point you choose is located before the quarter length of the runway so you have good length available for your rc model airplane to land.
4. Judge the appropriate altitude required for your rc airplane to descend from your reference point, on the runway making an approximate angle of 35 degree.
5. Make your rc jet or airplane aligned from the center line of the runway before it crosses the reference point.
6. Higher wind will require lower descent and vise e versa.
7. Winds gusting from right or left of your center line will require correction of placing your rc plane from opposite side.
There is a misconception of landing rc model airplanes with the wind not facing the wind instead. This approach makes the radio controlled airplane especially jets off the course because of their speed. The factors which require corrections like wind direction, speed are always to be taken into account. The rc airplane jets landing steps stated above will certainly help you polish your skills of making a good landing, you just need to focus and keep the factors in mind when practically doing it.